The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) claims Brock Lesnar has failed the second drug test during the night of his fight against Mark Hunt.
USADA informed the UFC Tuesday that Lesnar, 39, failed his fight night drug test at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Oddly enough, the test detected the presence of the same unidentified banned substance Lesnar tested positive for on June 28.
The substance that Lesnar tested positive for is believed to be clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker that Jon Jones tested positive for. Lesnar is still under contract with the WWE told The Associated Press last week, “We will get to the bottom of this.”
UFC 200 marked Lesnar’s first MMA fight since December 2011. Lesnar’s reported purse, was submitted to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), as $2.5 million. A purse which Hunt said he initially wanted half but retracted his request and changed it to Lesnar’s entire earnings.
Well I wanted half but have changed my mind cheaters shouldn't get shit I want all of it cheaters don't deserve shit #cheatersdeservenada
— mark richard hunt (@markhunt1974) July 16, 2016
Lesnar has not publicly disclosed whether he intends to have his B-samples tested. “It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed,” UFC said in a statement. “The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.
Like Jon Jones, Lesnar has never tested positive for a banned substance. According USADA, Lesnar submitted eight total samples to the anti-doping agency. USADA official Ryan Madden previously confirmed to ESPN that Lesnar had submitted multiple test samples before June 28 and that each came back clean.
Pending a successful appeal to the July 9 test, Lesnar’s victory against Hunt will likely change to a no-contest. Lesnar had not indicated whether he wished to fight again.