Looks like the Colonel has some explaining to do. A customer complains after biting into what he thought was piece of KFC chicken only to find he had actually taken a bite out of a large intact chicken lung.
Marc Nicholls an IT tech from Chevron Island on the Gold Coast stopped at KFC Labrador during his day off. He ordered a 3 piece box, with two wings and a chicken breast for $12.50 but said he got the surprise of his life.
A KFC spokesman said that the fleshy substance was most likely a chicken lung or kidney that was mistakenly not removed during preparation of the food. ‘Most of the time offal is removed in the preparation process, but occasionally it may remain,’ a KFC spokesman said after the Australian lung incident, adding it posed no health risk.
However, Mr Nicholls has stated he will no longer visit KFC citing ‘You don’t expect to have that type of c*** in your food when you go to KFC,’ he said. ‘[But] when you’re eating junk food, you’re actually getting junk’